Jul 31, 2010

Improvising

Sometimes when you sew without a plan things turn out just fine:

camera strap sew

And sometimes they don’t:

monkey toy sew 

That top project was a cover for my camera strap. Very simple, all straight lines. The bottom project was a monkey. I made it knowing it probably wouldn’t turn out {but would make good practice} and should it turn out it would be a gift for a monkey-themed birthday party I went to today. Well, it didn’t turn out {which is why I had a back-up gift}. But Lucy still thinks he’s pretty fun.

Viggo was sick this week. But, with a little hair-pulling, cussing, and perseverance I managed to heal him. Hooray!

And now I’m off to enjoy my long weekend {Monday is a civic holiday, yay Canada}!

sigsew

2 comments:

  1. That monkey has a lot of possibilities. I love the bright orange fabric. :)

    -- BethanyBob

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh!! I remembered seeing someone's cool camera strap cover they got from Etsy and always wanted one! Hm....spend a little for a camera strap cover or spend a lot for a sewing machine (that may or may not make me MORE cool things!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments please!