Jul 9, 2010

An Introduction

The first post on a new blog is always so exciting. But this post seems even more so. I suppose it's because I'm feeling so electrified by my "heliocentric sewing" project. I've had my new-to-me machine, Viggo, for a mere four days and already I've completed two projects {though, one was a FAIL and needs to be done again} and I am about halfway done with another project {a Christmas gift}.

By the way, Viggo is a bad. ass. Seriously. He's a sturdy sonuvagun. I have a theory that the heavier the sewing machine the more reliable it is. Well, Viggo is definitely not a lightweight. I heart him so much, and we've only known each other such a short time. But what we have is magical, special, destined to last.

Anyhow, here's some semi-important information for you:

*This blog is still very much under construction. But as I've already started my 365 days I didn't want to postpone getting started on the writing aspect. So hang in there while I work on design, organization, social media links, getting a button, and whatnot. {But please, in the meantime, there's no reason not to start following this blog.}
*I like swear words. And I will use them on occasion.
*I'm a novice. So if you're new to sewing you'll probably be particularly interested in watching my progress over a year's time. And if you're a seasoned pro I'm sure you'll enjoy giving me your sage advice {or laughing at me - that's fine too}.

Anywho. I guess that's all for now.

Oh, PS, in case you don't already know me...my name is Holly. I also blog on Domestic Dork. <--I fixed the link!

5 comments:

  1. Woohoo, welcome to the world of sewing! I love it and it can be very addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addicting, sewing?? I have found two types of people who sew, those who can but don't much and those who just love it beyond words. Those who love it are definitely addicted. I am one of those. Welcome to a big new world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your idea! I've always thought about getting into the sewing habit and this blog just might convince me! I'll be reading for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been putting off starting my Christmas Projects....until I saw your post on your fabric. Maybe I will take it out this week and start on those.

    I look forward to seeing your projects, and gaining ideas, inspiration, and tips along the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'me recent in machine sewing and in the blogland, looking foward to exchange tips and experiences!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments please!